How To Send And Receive Fax From Computer
Would not that be relaxed if we could deliver and get Fax from Computer? Yes, we can deliver and get Fax from Pc, but it needs a small installation to performed. How we going to proceed? We are going to use Windows Fax and Scan out function to setup our Pc after that which will be able to deliver and get Fax. So, let us get started.
Requirements For The Setup
- Make sure, an Analogue phone line is linked with your PC. Really, digital will not work here.
- If you are having an in-built Fax modem, Windows will identify it at enough duration of installation, if you are having some exterior modem with you, then please link it using the manufacturers installation guide.
- Modem – Turned On.
So these are some specifications to create Windows Fax and Scan out function.
Tutorial To Setup Windows Fax and Scan Feature Using Modem
- Simply click on Windows Fax and Scan out weblink, which can be tracked by simply clicking Start and then All Applications. A new screen will pop-up.
- As, you can see, no fax account is designed to access and use the Windows Fax and Scan function. To create one, simply simply click Fax, at the end, left lite.
- Now to link the modem, simply just click New Fax button(located at the top left).
- Go through the Fax Setup, simply just click Connect to a Fax modem. In the next step, Choose the modem name. And just click next
- Now, there are three choices to select from, first two are self-explanatory, if you are selecting the third choice that says “I’ll select later; I want to make a fax now”, then let me emphasize you, this choice will only allow you to deliver fax only and not get fax. So, select the one that you prefer.
- You might be persuaded to allow firewall accessibility too, so do allow it to be able to use the assistance, Windows Fax and Scan out.
- Now, you are prepared to deliver and get fax using the modem. You can also modify the configurations you have selected here by going in the selection, Tools>>Fax Settings.
- To make a new fax, just basically simply click New Fax and you are good to go.
Now, if you want to setup your server to send and receive Fax, then follow this tutorial. But, first, as usual.
- Your laptop or computer should be linked with a network.
- Also create sure you know the network address with of the fax server (for example, \\mycompanyfaxserver) and that you have authorization to get connected to it. Get in touch with your server administrator for that.
Tutorial To Send And Receive Fax Using A Server
- Same step, Start >> All Programs >> Windows Scan And Fax. Click on it
- Move over to Fax Accounts by hitting on Tools.
- Then, simply just click Add, new pop window will information you through the rest of the steps.
- Simply just click “Connect to a Fax server on a network”.
- In the next step, choose the server name. Ask your server administrator.
- For relax of the steps, administrator installation is required. Contact the server administrator, who will guide you to the relax of the steps.
- So, that is how you can installation Windows Scan out And Fax function on a network
- So that’s how you can use Windows Fax and Scan Feature to send and receive fax from your computer.
Another Method To Setup Fax On Computer
So that is one way to setup Fax and Scan out function for Windows Pc, if in situation you want to prevent all that installation, you can use a Google Chrome Extension HelloFax which allows you to deliver and get Fax.
You do not need to have any fax device to deliver or get fax. This Google Chrome Extension allows you to deliver your fax to the preferred fax variety from your Chrome extension. In the same way, it also allows you to get the fax at your own fax variety.
The extension has both the paid and 100 % free editions. With the 100 % free edition, you can only send faxes (5 pages with totally without any charge then 99 cents/fax). You can’t receive any fax as the 100 % free edition does not provide any fax number for you. If you want that, you can go for the paid editions. Read the pricing details.
Some salient features of this Google Chrome Extension.
- No need to sign, print Fax.
- Can study, modify 30 different file types, so no problems when it comes to File Type not reinforced.
- Just put in your Fax number, they will deliver it to the Fax device, hence completely preventing the mess of Fax device installation. Obtained Fax are sent by email to your E-mail address with as a PDF File, so that is how you can accessibility your Fax.
- Provides the service to add signature online.